Thursday 11 June 2009

TFL contractors/scheme steal bike

In yet another great example idiocy some random TFL road scheme/contractors my bike has been stolen. Left chained to railings, with no warning notice posted, road workers have come along and removed railings with my bike chained to it for replacement. The bike was chained at 7.15pm and within an hour, whilst I was happily tucking into an enchilada up the road the council in their wisdom had decided to change the railings with bike attached.

Now if a warning notice had been posted not to chain bikes there, there would be some argument for getting on with the job and making me reclaim my bike later. However you simply can't do this with no warning in my humble opinion. It's no different to removing a car, legally parked because you have scheduled in work and not told anyone about it. This is especially true in light of a recent house of Lords ruling specifically stating the legality of chaining bikes to railings.

So much for encouraging cycling. Tomorrow will see me crushed onto the tube to get to work at greater cost and inconvenience to myself and probably to the council who will now be tasked with returning bike to me as well as intact locks. These things aint cheap and if they break the locks will be expecting compensation for this.

Anyway will post again on the outcome of this latest inconvenience after no doubt a painful chat to the council tomorrow where I suspect I will be passed from piller to post and probably told I'll have to pay a fee for bike release.

(Please excuse angry nature of the post but if your means of transportation, legally parked, is removed without your permission causing you great inconvenience am sure most people would be rather narked)

No comments:

Post a Comment